Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
Former BHS owner Dominic Chappell due to appear at Hove Crown Court to be re-sentenced
The survey of 2,007 UK adults commissioned by the Civil Aviation Authority also suggested drones are among the gadgets most commonly broken.
The latest developments in Brussels lead many of the papers.