The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
Moves to deny terrorists early release from prison and EU trade talks are among the stories making today’s front pages.
The Chinese company’s chief financial officer was arrested at Vancouver’s airport on December 1 2018.
Meghan pictured walking on Vancouver Island with baby Archie and two dogs.