Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
Campaigners trying to block Heathrow's third runway will find out today if their Court of Appeal challenge has succeeded.
Two further patients in England have tested positive for coronavirus, bringing the total number of UK cases to 15.
The front pages are filled with official responses to and warnings about the coronavirus.