Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
The threats to the business could be serious but they could be posturing; we'll know soon enough.
Clear and dry evening with late, low Autumn sunshine
Buckingham Palace has been forced to repeat its denial of allegations made against Prince Andrew.