Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
Further easing of lockdown restrictions features among the stories on today’s front pages.
The adored singer, who entertained troops with morale-boosting visits to the front line during the Second World War, died aged 103 on June 1
The Health Secretary said flexible working had become the ‘new norm’ amid the pandemic.