According to a Freedom of Information (FOI) request launched by car insurer LV=, local councils are issuing more parking tickets on average than they were in 2012:
- Council across the UK now dole out on average, 162 parking tickets per day compared with 154 last year.
- City of Westminster hands out the most parking tickets of any local council. They have issued on average 1,269 tickets daily.
- Birmingham City Council issued the most fixed penalties for parking outside of London, issuing 339 every day.
- Bristol City Council gave out 271 every day.
- More than 284,000 tickets were issued by parking wardens on Sundays between January and May this year - up 13% on the same period last year.
More top news
That, put bluntly, is why Hitachi has decided to suspend its plan to build two nuclear reactors on the coast of Anglesey.
The Prime Minster is blocked, parliament is blocked and, frankly, many people think the country is blocked.
Which of the Conservative and Labour parties is most likely to split over Brexit?