- Michael Palin went on to star in films directed by fellow Python Terry Gilliam but is best known for his popular travel documentaries
- John Cleese starred in the Fawlty Towers sitcom as well as appearing in James Bond and Harry Potter films
- Terry Gilliam directed Hollywood films including Time Bandits, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus
- Eric Idle created the spoof band The Rutles and wrote the Python musical Spamalot
- Terry Jones wrote the screenplay for the movie Labyrinth and co-wrote Ripping Yarns with Michael Palin. He also wrote and presented TV documentaries about Medieval history, the Roman Empire and Barbarians
- Graham Chapman was a vocal gay rights campaigner before dying of cancer in 1989
The remaining members of Monty Python have announced four more shows after their reunion at London's O2 sold out in less than a minute.
The five remaining stars of the internationally acclaimed comedy troupe are to perform together in a live show at the O2 Arena in London.