An AXA report into the way financial claims contact people is calling for a change in the law to limit the number of calls and texts they can make.
The research says the number of calls a firm must make before a penalty is enforced should be in the hundreds rather than thousands as it is currently.
A poll of 2,000 people found:
- 63% feel "angry" about being contacted by CMCs
- 63% see the communications as an "invasion of their privacy"
- 45% worry about how CMCs had access to their contact details
- 44% said they were pro-actively trying to stop unwanted contact
- 60% said a Government clampdown last year has no effect on CMC calls
More top news
The blazes have already burned an area the size of Ohio.
Opposition sources declined to comment on the claims.
The saga of the Sussexes continues to dominate the front pages.