According to the RAC, the 10 councils making the most profit from parking charges are:
- 1. Westminster, £39.70 million
- 2. Kensington & Chelsea, west London, £30.44 million
- 3. Camden, north London, £23.,53 million
- 4. Hammersmith & Fulham, west London, £19,39 million
- 5. Brighton & Hove, £16.25 million
- 6, Wandsworth, south London, £15.89 million
- 7. Lambeth, south London, £12.00 million
- 8, Nottingham City, £11,79 million
- 9. Manchester, £8,78 million
- 10. Islington, north London, £8.21 million
More top news
Dramatic pictures from Park Lane West in Tipton, near Birmingham, showed external walls had given way completely.
England's Euro 2022 qualifier against Bulgaria was stopped on two occasions following complaints of racist chanting in the stands.
An adorable thank you note was left on the windscreen of a police car by a little boy.