RBS is reportedly seeking to invoke an EU rule that will allow it to double its cap for bonuses to senior staff if approved by shareholders.
Bonuses the 'Big Five' banks paid to staff in 2012:
- Barclays - paid 428 staff more than £1 million (Source: Reuters)
- HSBC - paid 204 of its staff more than £1 million (Source: The Guardian)
- RBS - paid out £607 million in staff bonuses (Source: Reuters)
- Lloyds Banking Group - paid £365 million (Source: Lloyds)
- Santander - paid 19 of its bankers more than £1 million (Source: The Times)
More top news
Pictures of a jubilant Boris Johnson feature on many of Saturday’s front pages.
The Central Belt of Scotland will continue to see rain and hill snow for much of the day.
A minute’s silence will be held on Monday for the victims.