David Cameron's Cabinet reshuffle may be far wider than previously thought with major names set to be sacked or removed, according to reports.
The Guardian claims that promotions could include:
- Esther McVey - Work and pensions minister
- Liz Truss - Public policy expert
- Priti Patel - Member of Downing Street policy board
- Amber Rudd - Private secretary to Chancellor
- Harriett Baldwin - West Worcestershire MP
- Penny Mordaunt - Portsmouth North MP
- Nicky Morgan - A women's minister
- Andrea Leadsom - Economic secretary to Chancellor
- Matt Hancock - Business minister
- Michael Fallon - Energy minister
- Philip Hammond - Defence Secretary
- Owen Paterson - Environment Secretary
- Greg Hands - Deputy Chief Whip
According to The Telegraph, MPs vulnerable in the reshuffle include:
- Eric Pickles - Communities Secretary
- Sir George Young - Chief Whip
- Kenneth Clarke - Minister without portfolio
- Kris Hopkins - Housing minister
- Andrew Lansley - leader of Commons
PMQs today was a pretty clear win for David Cameron. Ed Miliband really needs to find a way to energise and motivate his troops.
David Cameron has rung the Cabinet changes as he prepares to fight the next election. Here is an introduction to the figures on the rise.
It's not the first time Esther McVey has been tipped for a big promotion and missed out. Our Political Reporter Daniel Hewitt asks why.