A military spokesman has said 17 bodies have so far been recovered from the refugee convoy hit by a shell yesterday in Ukraine, "burning them alive".
The spokesman, Andriy Lysenko, said six people are currently being treated for injuries, three of which are seriously hurt, and the rescue operation is ongoing.
Ukrainian government forces have blamed the attack on pro-Russian separatists whom they are battling in the area. The rebels deny responsibility.
More top news
The Democratic presidential candidate may also have shown his cards on his choice of running mate.
The US president also shared a post on Twitter accusing Dr Anthony Fauci of misleading the public over hydroxychloroquine.
Fears over an impending second wave of coronavirus dominates Wednesday’s front pages.