Further tests will be carried out on the body of murder victim Alice Gross, after a post-mortem examination proved inconclusive.
The body of the 14-year-old schoolgirl, who went missing on August 28, was recovered from the River Brent in west London on Tuesday.
The post-mortem at Uxbridge mortuary took two days due to the "complex nature" of the investigation, Scotland Yard said.
In a statement, police said:
The post-mortem examination into the murder of 14-year-old Alice Gross has now concluded.
No cause of death has been given at this time and further tests are required.
Police previously searched the area where the decomposed body, thought to be that of Alice Gross murder suspect Arnis Zalkalns, was found.
A body thought to be Alice Gross murder suspect Arnis Zalkalns was badly decomposed and could have been in a west London park for a month.
The ex-mother-in-law of a suspect sought over the murder of West London teenager Alice Gross has spoken to ITV News.