Police are to re-open an investigation into the 2003 death of Rochdale teenager Victoria Agoglia Byrne after an ITV News investigation revealed overlooked evidence of sexual abuse. Here is a timeline of her case:
- 1997 - Victoria moves into a care home for young people following her mother's death
- 2001 - She is believed to have written an account of her sexual exploitation and use of drugs in this year, aged 13
- 2003 - Victoria found dead in a Manchester flat after a drugs overdose
- 2004 - Greater Manchester Police receive an internal report detailing claims of sexual abuse against numerous young victims including Victoria
- 2012 - Nine men jailed for running a child sex ring in Rochdale
- 2014 - Greater Manchester Police agree to re-open investigation into following an ITV News investigation
Police in Rochdale failed to pursue sexual abuse claims despite being handed victim's written account before she died, ITV News can reveal.
Hundreds of child abusers are walking the streets because police have failed to investigate claims of abuse, ITV News has found.