Rescue operations in the Himalayas, where hundreds of trekkers were caught in blizzards and avalanches, have been scaled back as most of those stranded have now been picked up.
At least 38 tourists and Nepalese died, but it is feared that the final toll could be considerably higher when more bodies are recovered from the snow.
About 40 people remain unaccounted for and the families of several British trekkers are still awaiting news of their relatives.
The Foreign Office said it was working with authorities in Nepal to account for every Briton believed to be in the area, but a spokeswoman said it was not aware of any British casualties.
The upper section of the popular Annapurna circuit, where the hikers were caught, was closed on Sunday.
Thousands of trekkers flock to the area in October, when conditions are usually ideal, but the tail end of a cyclone brought unseasonal weather to the Himalayas last week.
More top news
The Democratic presidential candidate may also have shown his cards on his choice of running mate.
The US president also shared a post on Twitter accusing Dr Anthony Fauci of misleading the public over hydroxychloroquine.
Fears over an impending second wave of coronavirus dominates Wednesday’s front pages.