Labour has announced its new shadow cabinet today, with MPs Chris Leslie and Hilary Benn taking key roles as the party's Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer and Shadow Foreign Secretary.
Acting leader Harriet Harman confirmed the appointments on the same day Prime Minister David Cameron announced his new cabinet.
Other appointments include:
- Yvette Cooper MP, Shadow Home Secretary
- Lord Falconer of Thoroton, Shadow State Justice Secretary
- Rosie Winterton MP, Opposition Chief Whip
- Andy Burnham MP, Shadow Health Secretary
- Chuka Umunna MP, Shadow Business, Innovation and Skills Secretary
- Rachel Reeves MP,Shadow State for Work and Pensions Secretary
- Tristram Hunt MP, Shadow Education Secretary
- Vernon Coaker MP, Shadow Defence Secretary
- Emma Reynolds MP, Shadow Communities and Local Government Secretary
- Caroline Flint MP, Shadow Energy and Climate Change Secretary
- Liz Kendall MP, Shadow Minister for Care and Older People
Sadiq Khan asked not to be included in the new Shadow Cabinet but it is believed he may stand for London Mayor in future.