The pay gap in the UK is one of the worst in Europe, according to figures from Eurostat.
- Britain was the fifth worst in Europe with a 19.7% gap in 2013
- This is behind Slovenia who had the lowest at 3.1%
- The EU average has been around 16% since 2010
- Ireland has on average a significantly lower rate of 14.4% in 2012
- Meanwhile, Estonia is the worst for equal pay at 28.25%
More top news
The Democratic presidential candidate may also have shown his cards on his choice of running mate.
The US president also shared a post on Twitter accusing Dr Anthony Fauci of misleading the public over hydroxychloroquine.
Fears over an impending second wave of coronavirus dominates Wednesday’s front pages.