1. National

Student died after accidential 'toxic diet pill' overdose

A student died after accidentally taking an overdose of highly toxic diet pill drugs, a coroner has ruled.

Eloise Parry, 21, died on April 12 after taking eight pills containing the highly toxic drug Dinitrophenol, known as DNP.

Ms Parry - who suffered from bulimia - sent a message to her college lecturer on the morning of her death, which said "I think I am going to die", an inquest was told.

View all 11 updates ›

Buying diet pills online is like playing 'Russian roulette'

The Royal Pharmaceutical Society has told ITV News that people buying so-called diet pills online are "playing Russian Roulette with their life".

In an interview, pharmacist Neil Patel said:

"If you buy diet pills online you are playing Russian Roulette with your life.

You are actually buying products that have been banned in the UK because they cause serious life threatening side-effects such as heart attacks and strokes."

More on this story