1. National

Student died after accidential 'toxic diet pill' overdose

A student died after accidentally taking an overdose of highly toxic diet pill drugs, a coroner has ruled.

Eloise Parry, 21, died on April 12 after taking eight pills containing the highly toxic drug Dinitrophenol, known as DNP.

Ms Parry - who suffered from bulimia - sent a message to her college lecturer on the morning of her death, which said "I think I am going to die", an inquest was told.

View all 11 updates ›

Eloise's mother: DNP should stand for 'do not purchase'

Eloise Parry's mother has urged others not to follow in her daughter's footsteps after an inquest into the student's death found she had accidentally taken an overdose of highly toxic diet pills containing the drug DNP.

Speaking outside the inquest today Fiona Parry said: "Eloise decided that even though she'd been told DNP was dangerous being slimmer was worth the risk. She was wrong.

"If anything it was even more dangerous than she'd been told. DNP - do not purchase, do no partake, do not please, death's not pleasant."

ITV News Correspondent Ben Chapman reports:

More on this story