1. National

Student died after accidential 'toxic diet pill' overdose

A student died after accidentally taking an overdose of highly toxic diet pill drugs, a coroner has ruled.

Eloise Parry, 21, died on April 12 after taking eight pills containing the highly toxic drug Dinitrophenol, known as DNP.

Ms Parry - who suffered from bulimia - sent a message to her college lecturer on the morning of her death, which said "I think I am going to die", an inquest was told.

View all 11 updates ›

GP: Eloise had 'no apparent ability' to stop taking DNP

An inquest into the death of woman who died after taking dinitrophenol, also known as DNP, has heard she was aware of the dangers of the 'diet pill'.

Eloise Parry's GP said that while the 21-year-old was not addicted she had "no apparent ability" to stop taking them.

ITV News correspondent Ben Chapman is at the inquest:

More on this story