1. National

Student died after accidential 'toxic diet pill' overdose

A student died after accidentally taking an overdose of highly toxic diet pill drugs, a coroner has ruled.

Eloise Parry, 21, died on April 12 after taking eight pills containing the highly toxic drug Dinitrophenol, known as DNP.

Ms Parry - who suffered from bulimia - sent a message to her college lecturer on the morning of her death, which said "I think I am going to die", an inquest was told.

View all 11 updates ›

Mother: 'I do not believe Eloise was suicidal'

The mother of a 21-year-old woman who died after taking toxic 'diet pills' has told an inquest into her death she does not believe she was suicidal.

Fiona Parry said she was aware of her daughter Eloise "had issues with bulimia and had prescription medication but was not aware she was self-prescribing."

More on this story