1. National

Student died after accidential 'toxic diet pill' overdose

A student died after accidentally taking an overdose of highly toxic diet pill drugs, a coroner has ruled.

Eloise Parry, 21, died on April 12 after taking eight pills containing the highly toxic drug Dinitrophenol, known as DNP.

Ms Parry - who suffered from bulimia - sent a message to her college lecturer on the morning of her death, which said "I think I am going to die", an inquest was told.

View all 11 updates ›

Post-mortem confirms woman died after taking 'diet pills'

An inquest is being held into the death of a 21-year-old woman who is thought to have taken "diet pills" containing a highly toxic chemical.

A post-mortem has confirmed that Eloise Parry died after taking Dinitrophenol - known as DNP - due to related toxic side effects.

ITV News correspondent Ben Chapman is at the inquest.

More on this story