Npower is axing 2,400 jobs over the next two years, here's who will be affected by the losses:
- An office in Burton, which employs around 200 staff, is confirmed for closure
- Some job cuts will take place in the Midlands, one of the firm's major operating areas
- Aside from Burton, the rest of the job losses are not "site specific"
- A mix of those who work directly and indirectly for npower will be axed
- There will be no job cuts at any of npower's power stations
More top news
It comes as Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn reiterated his call for MPs to work together to prevent a no-deal withdrawal from the EU.
Brisk winds with sunshine & blustery showers
Jack Letts, also known as 'Jihadi Jack', has reportedly been stripped of his UK citizenship.