British prosecutors were 'right not to charge' the officers involved in the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes, the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) has ruled.
It comes as the de Menezes family challenged the decision not to bring charges over the 27-year-old's death more than a decade after he was mistaken for a suicide bomber and shot dead by police at Stockwell Underground station on July 22, 2005.
In 2006 the Crown Prosecution Service said no individual should be charged over the shooting.
The de Menezes family agreed to an undisclosed settlement with Scotland Yard in 2009 after an inquest delivered an 'open verdict' but last year relatives decided to take the case to the ECHR for reconsideration as they said they believed the failure to prosecute individual officers breached his rights.
More top news
James Reardon Jr is due to be arraigned on Monday.
James Bulger was tortured and killed by Jon Venables and Robert Thompson after they snatched him from a shopping centre in Liverpool in 1993
The NHS says half-day closures meant more than an estimated one million hours of GP time could have been ‘lost’ last year.