Comedian Victoria Wood has died of cancer at the age of 62.
She has been hailed as a "national treasure" by Prime Minister David Cameron and fellow comedians have rushed to pay tribute to the star.
A stand-up, writer, actor and director, Wood has entertained Britain for 30 years. She won the most TV Baftas in history and she held the record for the most sell-out shows at the Royal Albert Hall.
Ten of Victoria Wood's funniest jokes:
- I thought Coq au Vin was love in a lorry.
- My children won't even eat chips because some know-all bastard at school told them a potato was a vegetable.
- I once went to one of those parties where everyone throws their car keys into the middle of the room. I don't know who got my moped but I've been driving that Peugeot for years.
- My boyfriend had a sex manual but he was dyslexic. I was lying there and he was looking for my vinegar.
- Jogging is for people who aren't intelligent enough to watch television.
- In my day we didn't have sex education, we just picked up what we could off the television.
- Life's not fair, is it? Some of us drink champagne in the fast lane, and some of us eat our sandwiches by the loose chippings on the A597.
- Sexual harassment at work - is it a problem for the self-employed?
- A man is designed to walk three miles in the rain to phone for help when the car breaks down, and a woman is designed to say, “You took your time” when he comes back dripping wet.
- People think I hate sex. I don't. I just don't like things that stop you seeing the television properly.
Fellow actor Duncan Preston, who appeared with the comedian in the BBC sitcom Dinnerladies, said he had no idea that she was ill.
Victoria Wood, comedy star, writer and actor rose to fame in the 80s and paved the way for many comedians.
Comedian Victoria Wood has died aged 62 after a short cancer battle.