Live updates: Erdogan vows revenge after Turkey coup attempt
Here are the latest developments following Friday's failed coup attempt in Turkey:
- Turkey has arrested some 6,000 people and suspended nearly 8,000 police officers
- The country's president has vowed revenge and hinted he could bring back the death penalty
- John Kerry and Boris Johnson have urged Erdogan to show restraint
- Turkey has called on the US to extradite Fethullah Gulen who it blames for the plot
- The Foreign Office has told Britons that the situation is still "volatile"