FBI looking for two men wanted over unexploded New York device
The FBI are seeking to trace two men who allegedly removed an unexploded device from a suitcase in New York on Saturday.
Here are the other key developments:
- The main suspect in the New York and New Jersey bombing plots, Ahmad Khan Rahami, has been charged with five counts of attempted murder and with planting bombs
- The 28-year-old's father reportedly told police two years ago that his son was a terrorist
- Federal prosecutors say Rahami bought bomb materials on eBay and kept a journal expressing outrage at US 'slaughter' of mujahideen.
- At least 31 people were injured, including a British national, in an explosion in New York's Manhattan district shortly before 9pm on Saturday
- A second, undetonated device was found at 27th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues and was 'safely removed'
- A suspicious package containing up to five pipe bombs found near a train station in Elizabeth, New Jersey, has now been linked to initial blast