A meeting between Donald Trump and Barack Obama has given the President-elect a taste of what's to come.
As work begins in earnest to create the Trump administration, here's what his first tasks might involve:
- Putting a new White House team in place including his Chief of Staff and Secretaries of State and Defense.
- In total he must make 4,000 political appointments.
- The process of Trump becoming Commander-in-Chief starts with daily in-depth intelligence briefings
- There will be an emergency exercise - known as a "Black Swan" - before he takes office
- Prioritise key issues for his first 100 days in power, such as building the Mexican border wall
- It could also include repealing Obamacare and economic measures such as cutting taxes and raising tariffs on imported goods
Donald Trump's campaign was decidedly unflattering towards Mexicans - but there is hope over the border his words will not amount to action.
Donald Trump alluded to the good relationship enjoyed by Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher in his phone call with Theresa May.
Following the election of Donald Trump in the US presidential election, can the special relationship between the UK and the US continue?