A military media unit run by Hezbollah, which is closely allied with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, has said rebels and residents will be evacuated from eastern Aleppo "within hours", Reuters reports.
The unit said early on Thursday that overnight negotiations succeeded in reviving a ceasefire that would lead to people being allowed to leave.
"Intensive contacts between the responsible parties involved in the negotiations led to re-consolidating a ceasefire to exit armed fighters from eastern districts in the next few hours," the unit said in a statement.
Hezbollah is an armed Lebanese Shi'ite political group backed by Iran that is heavily involved in the fighting in Aleppo.
Meanwhile a Syrian official source told Reuters that an operation to organise the departure of fighters from eastern Aleppo had already started.
"The operation to organise the departure of gunmen from eastern Aleppo has now started," the Syrian official source said.
Tens of thousands of civilians desperate to leave Aleppo were left stranded for 48 hours over the weekend after a ceasefire deal broke down.
Dubbed the People's Convoy, aid workers intend to take medical supplies to a new children's hospital in Syria.
Watch all of ITV News correspondent Dan Rivers' reports on the end of the battle for Eastern Aleppo and the evacuation from the city.