The battle to crown Ireland’s leading entrepreneur is set to hit screens with a documentary series showcasing the 24 finalists in this year’s EY Entrepreneur Of The Year.
The series will broadcast for a second year running exclusively on UTV and UTV Ireland this autumn.
The six-part documentary profiles entrepreneurs who have overcome adversity through innovation and creativity to create world-leading businesses which are revolutionising their respective industries.
It explores the lives of the people behind the businesses and the inspirational stories in their journey to success.
The series will launch on Monday 26 September at 8pm and then air every Monday in the run-up to the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year awards gala, presented by Dermot Murnaghan and Pamela Flood.
The gala, on Thursday 27 October, will see the 24 finalists contest three categories – Emerging, Industry, and International.
UTV Managing Director Michael Wilson said: “The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year programme is highly committed to supporting and nurturing the next generation of entrepreneurs and business owners in Ireland.
“UTV is very proud to broadcast this series, promoting that ethos, by bringing this exciting business initiative to the audience through the exclusive broadcasting of the series this autumn, including the awards gala.”
Kevin McLoughlin, Partner Lead for EY Entrepreneur Of The Year, added: “Each year, I am inspired by the breadth of talented entrepreneurs from across the island of Ireland in the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year programme.
“This series puts a spotlight on people who have overcome struggles and sacrifices to grow their business idea into a thriving enterprise.”
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Finalists: Emerging Category
- Kitman Labs - Stephen Smith
- OneviewHealthcare plc - Mark McCloskey
- Tiger Retail - Niall Stringer and Gillian Maxwell
- NewsWhip Media - Paul Quigley and Andrew Mullaney
- Freshly Chopped Limited - Brian Lee
- Beats Medical - Ciara Clancy
- Q1 Scientific - Louise Grubb
- Plotbox - Leona and Sean McAllister
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Finalists: Industry Category
- 3fivetwo Group - Dr Suresh Tharma and Mr Ashok Songra
- JMW Farms Ltd - Jim Wright
- James Leckey Design Limited - James Leckey
- M&M Contractors - Gareth Loye
- Codd Mushrooms - Leslie Codd
- Green REIT plc - Stephen Vernon
- TPI Group - Colin Culliton
- Uform - Eamon Donnelly
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Finalists: International Category
- Athlone Extrusions - James McGee
- Kainos Group plc - Brendan Mooney
- MobileWebAdz - Kieran O’Keeffe
- 3D4 Medical - John Moore
- Abbey Machinery - Clodagh Cavanagh
- Prepaid Financial Services - Noel Moran
- The Healy Group - Maurice Healy
- Coolnagour Ltd t/a iCabbi - Gavan Walsh