1. ITV Report

Crusaders stay top after late winner against Ards

Crusaders' Jordan Owens grabbed the sole goal to secure their win over Ards. Credit: Pacemaker

Crusaders struck at the death to break Ards' hearts and claim a 1-0 win on Saturday that keeps them top of the Irish Premiership table.

There were few chances in a dour first 45 minutes at Seaview, and the couple of half-chances the Crues did create were easily dealt with by Ards goalkeeper Sam Johnston.

Then with the match seemingly petering out into a goal-less draw, the Crues took their chance.

Jordan Owens was the man who snapped up the effort from close-range to scupper Ards.

Eoin Bradley proved the difference for Coleraine against Dungannon. Credit: Pacemaker

Elsewhere, Coleraine claimed a 1-0 victory over Dungannon Swifts.

Eoin Bradley scored the only goal of the game.

The Bannsiders could have had a second, but McAuley's penalty was saved.

Ballymena celebrate a goal on their way to a 3-0 win over Carrick. Credit: Pacemaker

Ballymena United clinched a 3-0 win over Carrick.

Gavin Taggart went close for Carrick in the first half, but his effort was stopped by goalkeeper Ross Glendinning.

Matthew Shevlin had a promising chance for David Jeffrey's side, but he poked his shot wide.

Ballymena then broke the impasse in the second half, when Kevin Braniff nodded home from Kyle Owens' knock-down.

Shevlin then scored with a deflected third late on.

It ended all square at Mourneview Park on Saturday. Credit: Pacemaker

Glenavon and Cliftonville had to settle for a 1-1 draw in their game at Mourneview Park on Saturday.

The deadlock was broken just before the break when Cliftonville took the lead.

Joe Gormley snapped up the ball and finished neatly for Barry Gray's men after a defensive slip in the Glenavon back line.

But Sammy Clingan's late equaliser for Glenavon brought them all square again in added time.

Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.

Ballinamallard also had to settle for a draw as they hosted Glentoran.

The hosts took the lead when Sean Noble finished neatly - his second goal in two games.

But the Glens were soon level again when Curtis Allen met a free-kick to score at the back post.

The Mallards were back in the lead before the interval with a penalty scored by Ryan Curran.

There was a somewhat unusual second half hold-up as referee Evan Boyce had to leave the action early through what appeared to be an injury.

He was replaced by Andrew Davey and Glentoran levelled then at the death through James Knowles.

Warrenpoint's scheduled match against Linfield had to be postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Milltown.

Warrenpoint's game against Linfield will have to be rearranged. Credit: Presseye