A number of people in their 60s, 70s and 80s have had to be rescued from sheltered accommodation in north Belfast following a fire in a flat.
Five fire crews attended the scene at Mount Vernon Court just before 10pm on Wednesday.
A man in his 80s had to be treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation, while a woman in her 70s and two men – one in his 60s and one in his 70s – were rescued unharmed.
A Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire in the flat and ventilated the property.
“Sounding smoke alarms alerted the occupants to the fire. The cause of the fire was accidental.”