- 17 updates
A man has been arrested by police investigating a report of threatening behaviour against an individual at Ardoyne on Saturday.
The 32-year-old was detained in the Belfast area on Tuesday afternoon.
A spokesperson for the PSNI said he had been arrested “on suspicion of threats to kill and common assault" and said he was interviewed and has been released pending a report to the Public Prosecution Service.
They added: “Enquiries into the matter are currently ongoing.”
A group of young leaders in north Belfast have spoken of their relief that a parading deal has been done.
The young people from the R City group say they hope that the deal can lead to a fresh start for communities there.
UTV reporter Judith Hill has been speaking to them.
Politicians at Stormont have stood in solidarity with Fr Gary Donegan, following the weekend’s events at Ardoyne.
SDLP MLA Nichola Mallon said he has "responded with dignity and you would expect nothing less."
The UUP MLA Doug Beattie said Fr Gary Donegan "showed incredible courage and incredible leadership where he was receiving verbal abuse which looked like it nearly bordered on physical abuse."
The loyalist protest camp at Twaddell Avenue is dismantled following the completion of an Orange parade in north Belfast on Saturday morning.
Orange Order Deputy County Grand Master for Belfast, Spencer Beattie, has told UTV there is a “feeling of pride” that Orangemen were able to complete a disputed parade past the Ardoyne shop fronts on Saturday.
“The agreement is now being fully implemented as we speak the camp is being dismantled,” he added.
“We know look forward to a historic and brighter future for the people in north Belfast in parade and protest issues.”
- WATCH: Belfast County Grand Master George Chittick at Camp Twaddell.
Also reacting on Saturday, Sinn Féin’s Martin McGuinness tweeted his thanks to all those involved in reaching a compromise over the parading dispute.
In Ardoyne, North Belfast MLA Gerry Kelly was optimistic that Saturday marked "in local terms...the start of a new era".
PSNI Assistant Chief Constable Stephen Martin has welcomed the peaceful conclusion to the Ardoyne parade on Saturday and thanked his officers for policing the protest camp over the last three years.
He said he was thankful that the parades and protests that took place on Friday evening and Saturday morning passed off without incident “due to the concerted effort of a wide number of individuals”.
“The impact that positive dialogue and discussion has played in this process cannot be underestimated and I congratulate all those who helped today to happen,” he said.
A republican protest against an Orange Order parade scheduled for Saturday, has passed off peacefully.
Around 400 police officers were at the scene of the demonstration by the Greater Ardoyne Residents Collective (GARC).
A group of around 200 were protesting a deal which aimed to put an end to a dispute over one of the most contentious parades in Northern Ireland.
GARC will stage a further demonstration during Saturday's march, upon which the Parades Commission has put a limit of 60 participants.
More than four hundred police officers were on on duty on Friday evening in Ardoyne, ahead of the agreed Orange Order parade through the area.
The security operation is in place before the last march to the Twadell protest camp and a protest by one republican group opposed to Saturday's parade.
Those involved in securing the deal to end the long running dispute in the area are hoping GARC will call off their protest.
UTV correspondent Sharon O'Neill reports from Ardoyne.
Latest ITV News reports
The prominent priest Fr Gary Donegan has said the level of vitriol in a confrontation in Ardoyne was like the Holy Cross dispute again.
The loyalist protest camp at Twaddell Avenue in north Belfast is being dismantled following Saturday morning's Orange Order parade.