Saturday's Irish Premiership action (14/01/2017)

Crusaders remain clear at the top, while Coleraine suffered an injury blow during their win amid Saturday's Irish Premiership action - which also saw wins for Linfield, Ballymena and Cliftonville.

Live updates

Linfield seven off pace after beating Glenavon

Linfield's Andrew Waterworth celebrates scoring the winner against Glenavon. Credit: Presseye

Linfield remain seven points behind league leaders Crusaders after a 2-1 win over Glenavon at Mourneview Park.

Aaron Burns gave the visitors the lead around the half-hour mark with a powerful shot into the top corner.

But Glenavon drew level midway through the second half, when Andy McGrory netted from the spot after Mark Stafford was deemed to have handled in the area.

The Lurgan Blues were reduced to ten men soon after though, when Ciaran Martyn was sent off for a second booking after another hand-ball to gift Linfield a big advantage with 20 minutes left.

David Healy's side took full advantage of the extra man.

Andrew Waterworth found the net with a scruffy finish in the 77th minute to secure an important three points for the side.


Ballymena earn victory over Dungannon in thriller

Ballymena celebrate their win over the Swifts. Credit: Presseye

Ballymena United won 3-2 over Dungannon Swifts in what was a hugely entertaining game at the Ballymena Showgrounds.

Kris Lowe opened the scoring for the visitors with a fine finish off the underside of the bar in the 16th minute.

But Kyle Owens headed home six minutes into the second half to restore parity.

The Sky Blues went in front from the penalty spot, with Tony Kane netting his 12th spot-kick of the season after 57 minutes.

However, Dungannon struck back again through Andy Mitchell nine minutes later to set up a grandstand finish.

Ballymena had the final say 11minutes from time when he headed home from close range to secure his side's first league win in three games.

First win in four as Cliftonville beat Ards

Cliftonville's Levi Ives celebrates with his teammates. Credit: Presseye

Cliftonville picked up their first win in four games after they came from behind to earn a 2-1 win over Ards at Solitude.

The visitors struck first with Michael Ruddy dispatching a 30th minute penalty after a hand-ball incident by Levi Ives.

Cliftonville struck back early in the second half however, with David McDaid powering home a low drive to equalise in the 46th minute.

The comeback was completed in the 63rd minute when Ives made amends for his earlier error by firing home from the edge of the area to seal the points for his side.

Back to top

Latest ITV News reports