Irish Premiership Action [10/11/2017]

All the weekend's action from the Danske Bank Premiership.

Live updates

Reds hammer basement side Ballinamallard

Credit: Pacemaker

Cliftonville 5-0 Ballinamallard

Cliftonville swept past a sorry Ballinamallard side with a commanding win at Solitude in the Danske Bank Premiership.

The Reds were quick out of the blocks, taking the lead after just three minutes.

Chris Curran's corner was met by Jay Donnelly who fired home.

Despite how early the goal came, Ballinamallard could've conceded even earlier with goalkeeper Richard Brush keeping out two efforts from Joe Gormley as the north Belfast Reds made a lively start.

Cliftonville continued to be the team on the front foot in the first 20 minutes - Levi Ives laid one back to Jay Donnelly who couldn't make a connection.

Just after the half hour mark it was two, Garry Breen's fine lobbed through ball found Rory Donnelly, who headed across to Gormley at the back-post for a tap in.

Levi Ives then supplied the ball up the wing, and Gormley pounced on a defensive lapse to sneak in and score into an empty net - it's seven goals in four matches for Gormley.

Ballinamallard were slightly more resolute after the break - with Martyn coming closest for them, volleying his effort just over the bar.

On 83 minutes it was four, Rory Donnelly's ball causing confusion and with goalkeeper and defence prone, Daniel Hughes tapped home.

Less than two minutes later, Cliftonville were awarded a penalty which Hughes again scored to make it 5-0.

Warrenpoint win to leapfrog opponents Carrick

Credit: Pacemaker

Carrick Rangers 0-2 Warrenpoint Town

Stephen Murray was the hero for Warrenpoint Town as he struck twice in the second half to seal victory over Carrick Rangers.

Andrew Mooney was the early focal point of danger, pulling the strings for Carrick.

He had a low strike parried away by the goalkeeper Beerat Turker after four minutes, who again dealt comfortably with a free-kick from the same player on 8 minutes.

Darren Murray had a decent opening for 'Point, but shot over the goalkeeper Doherty's bar.

Eamon McAllister came close on 31 minutes for Rangers, but Turker gathered up the danger.

Carrick were delivered a blow just before the break however when Aaron Smyth was given a red card.

Stephen Murray burst through on goal five minutes after the interval, but failed to keep his effort on target.

On 73 minutes, the visitors took the lead - Stephen Murray smashing the ball clinically home to make it 1-0.

Just four minutes later, with Carrick stretched looking for the leveller it was two, Murray tapping in his second goal of the game.

Warrenpoint were awarded a spot kick late on but Darren Murray's penalty was saved.


Back to top

Latest ITV News reports