Live updates

Visitors Carrick beat Ards

  • Ards 0-4 Carrick

Carrick Rangers came away from Ards with a comprehensive Danske Bank Premiership win.

Jonathan Smith fired Carrick ahead after just eight minutes, finishing after a neat turn in the penalty area.

Ards needed a strong start to the second half, but they made, from their own point of view, the worst one possible.

Just three minutes after the re-start, Paddy McNally volleyed in a second for Carrick, after the north Down side failed to deal with a corner.

On 54 minutes, Carrick took a vice-like grip on the game when Lee Chapman netted to make it 3-0.

Ards' afternoon just got worse as Rangers netted a fourth, Eamonn Scannell on-hand to score.

Ards clinch narrow victory against Ballymena Utd

Ards clinched a narrow 1-0 success against Ballymena United.

Ards took the advantage in the first half when Reece Glendinning scored beyond Ballymena goalkeeper Ross Glendinning.

Ballymena had a claim for a penalty turned away in the second half, when Matthew Shevlin went down in the box, but the referee waved those away.


Warrenpoint and Ards draw in six-goal thriller

  • Warrenpoint 3-3 Ards

Warrenpoint and Ards played out a six-goal thriller as they shared the spoils at Milltown.

Darren Murray had given Point the early lead with his 10th goal of the season.

Two goals in five minutes put Ards in control. Michael McLellan's stunning volley in the 23rd minute levelled the match before Scott Davidson's goal edged them ahead at the break.

In a back and forth game, Warrenpoint went level as Conor McMenamin fired in.

In the late stages, Craig McMillen's finish look to have given Ards all three points.

But Liam McKenna's injury-time finish handed Point a vital point in their bid to avoid the drop.

Cliftonville secure narrow win

  • Ards 0-1 Cliftonville

Cliftonville secured a narrow win at Ards in the Danske Bank Premiership.

Jay Donnelly fired Cliftonville ahead when a ball into the box was not properly cleared by the Ards defence and Donnelly took full advantage to finish.

Ards came close to finding an equalizer in the second half as Cherry's close-range effort was denied by a late McGovern block.

Cliftonville looked dangerous at times on the flanks in the early stages of the second half, but too often there was no one there to take advantage of the final ball.

Elebert came close to scoring for the north Down side from a corner, but saw his header rebound off the crossbar.

Kyle Cherry then got beyond the Cliftonville defence, but couldn't keep his effort down as it sailed well over the bar.


Early goal seals win for Glentoran

Glentoran’s Curtis Allen celebrates after scoring during Saturday's game at the Bangor Fuels arena. Credit: Pacemaker
  • Ards 0-1 Glentoran

Glentoran won a closely-fought match with Ards with an early goal.

Glentoran flew out of the blocks - Curtis Allen profiting from a long clearance from Elliott Morris.

Allen out-paced the Ards back four and lobbed the ball into the back of the net as the east Belfast men took the lead after just 50 seconds.

David McDaid went close to a second for Gary Haveron's side just before the break but the shot was saved by Ards goalkeeper Johnston.

McDaid almost scored the second, but his effort was cleared off the line.

Ards: Johnston, Byers, Taylor, Elebert, Glendinning, Frazer, Cherry, Hanley, Liggett, McComb, McAllister Subs: McMillen, Ruddy, Keke, Tommons, McLellan

Glentoran: Morris, Kane, Birney, Addis, Allen, Kerr, McNicholl, Knowles, Redman, McCawl, McDaid Subs; McMullan, Kelly, Delaney, Gordon, Smith

Glenavon third after beating Ards

Glenavon's Mark Sykes scores his second goal at Mourneview Park, Lurgan. Credit: Pacemaker
  • Glenavon 3-0 Ards

Ards fell behind in the first quarter-of-an-hour - Mark Sykes with a neat finish, which he slid beyond the grasp of Ards goalkeeper Aaron Hogg.

It was Sykes' first goal for the Lurgan Blues since scoring against Ballinamallard in February.

Things got worse for the north Down men - and this time it was self-inflicted as Glenavon went 2-0 up before the break - courtesy of a Johny Taylor own-goal.

It was the worst possible start to the second half for Ards, Sykes running through the home defence with ease, and slotting his second of the match home to put Glenavon 3-0 up.

Glenavon came close to a fourth goal late on - Sammy Clingan's free-kick in but Foley headed wide.

The result takes Glenavon up to third.

Coleraine stay top after win over Ards

Coleraine celebrate during Saturday's game. Credit: Pacemaker
  • Ards 0-3 Coleraine

It was a comfortable afternoon for Coleraine against Ards as the Bannsiders won 3-0.

However there were no goals in the first half, but on 55 minutes, Josh Carson broke the impasse in Bangor.

After substitute Jamie McGonigle's effort was only parried, Carson snapped up the rebound to make it 1-0.

Not long after the lead was doubled for the Bannsiders - Darren McAuley in fact just a minute later volleying home a spectacular goal following good work on the flank from Eoin Bradley.

Coleraine then won a penalty, which Darren McCauley slotted home to the goalkeeper's left.

Load more updates