Live updates

Warrenpoint edge out Ballinamallard

Warrenpoint edged out Ballinamallard United, Town winning 1-0.

Conor McMenamin's goal was the difference between the sides at the interval, and indeed at the 90 minute mark, as Warrenpoint led - McMenamin thumping a header into the corner.

Ballinamallard's cause was not helped in the second half when they went down to 10 men - Ryan O'Reilly receiving his marching orders.

Comfortable victory for Glenavon over Ballinamallard

Glenavon’s James Singleton nets Glenavon's second goal at the start of the second half during Saturday's game at Ferney Park Credit: Pacemaker
  • Ballinamallard 0-3 Glenavon

Glenavon produced a strong performance to claim a comfortable victory at Ballinamallard.

Glenavon took the lead in the closing stages of the first half, when Bobby Burns supplied a lovely ball around the corner into Josh Daniels. He took on and beat his man, getting to the line.

His pull back is slotted home at close range by Mark Sykes.

The Lurgan Blues picked up the baton again in the second half, James Singleton doubling the lead.

Bobby Burns' corner wasn't cleared by the Mallards defence, and Singleton close-range effort cannoned in off the woodwork.

Daniels then put an inviting chance wide with his head after being picked out by a ball from Burns.

With time running out, Glenavon wrapped up the points when substitute Marc Griffin added a late third.


Linfield get back to winning ways

Credit: Pacemaker
  • Ballinamallard Utd 0-5 Linfield

Linfield got back to winning ways with a 5-0 win at Ballinamallard United.

The Blues had lost five of their last seven in all competitions but doubles from Mark Haughey and Andy Waterworth along with goals from Kirk Millar and Jordan Stewart made it a successful afternoon in Fermanagh for David Healy's side.

Linfield's Josh Robinson was given a straight red card in the aftermath of Waterworth's first goal.

Crues too strong for Mallards

Matthew Snoddy scores for the Crues on Friday night. Credit: Pacemaker

Crusaders continue their climb up the table after securing a 2-0 win over Ballinamallard United at Seaview on Friday night.

The three points sees Stephen Baxter's side go joint second with Glenavon, ahead of the rest of the Danske Bank Premiership fixtures on Saturday.

Both goals came from Matthew Snoddy to see Crues home, but the home fans had to wait until the second half before seeing the ball in the net.

The first half remained scoreless mainly due to some fine goalkeeping by Mallards stopper Richard Brush who made the first of several key saves inside the first minute to deny Declan Caddell.

Snoddy came off the bench to make an impact as he grabbed the opener on 65 minutes and he then sealed the win with a second goal in the final minute.

Visitors Ballymena beat Ballinamallard

  • Ballinamallard 1-3 Ballymena

Ballymena took the lead on the quarter-hour mark - and a fine goal too.

Leroy Millar unloaded a superb volley, which nestled in the bottom corner of the Ballinamallard net.

It made it two goals in two matches for Millar.

On 21 minutes, David Jeffrey's side went two-up.

Anthony Kane with a great finish from the penalty spot leaving Ballinamallard goalkeeper Brush with no chance.

Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.

Kane made it 13 consecutive successful spot-kicks with the effort for Ballymena.

Kane almost made it three early in the second half, but the Ballinamallard defence scrambled to block the effort, and avert the danger.

It was 3-0 soon after though as Ballymena cruised through the gears - with a delicate flicked header into the corner of the goal.

The home side pulled one back - Josh McIlwaine with the header beyond Ballymena goalkeeper Conor Brennan.


Comfortable win for Crues at Ballinamallard

Crusaders' Paul Heatley celebrates his third goal during Saturday's game at Ferney Park, Ballinamallard. Credit: Pacemaker
  • Ballinamallard 1-5 Crusaders

Crusaders enjoyed a comfortable 5-1 win at Ballinamallard.

Crusaders took the early lead at Ballinamallard, Paul Heatley converting Jordan Owens' flick-on, with the Mallards' defenders left flat-footed.

Stephen Baxter's side made it two just before the break when Philip Lowry nipped in to score from a long throw-in - scoring from just seven yards out.

Ballinamallard pulled one back, Ryan Curran neatly controlling before driving the ball home past Brian Jensen.

However the home side's hope was soon extinguished again as Heatley clinically scored his second of the day.

Heatley then completed his hat-trick at Ferney Park, his sixth league goal of the season to make it 4-1, and that was followed by a smart finish from Jordan Owens.

Mallards draw with Cliftonville

Ballinamallard's Jonathan Leddy with Cliftonville's Jay Donnelly during their Danske Bank Premiership game at Ferney Park. Credit: Presseye
  • Ballinamallard Utd 1-1 Cliftonville

Ballinamallard got their first point of the campaign with a 1-1 draw at home to Cliftonville.

Ballinamallard took the lead against the north Belfast Reds, when Ryan Curran fired a penalty home.

Richard Clarke had the initial effort. Cliftonville failed to deal with it sufficiently and Harney was penalised for a handball.

Curran stepped up and dispatches the penalty with the composure you would expect from the dead-ball specialist.

The Reds levelled however when Gary Breen headed into the net following Martin Donnelly's cross.

Load more updates