Live updates

Visitors Carrick beat Ards

  • Ards 0-4 Carrick

Carrick Rangers came away from Ards with a comprehensive Danske Bank Premiership win.

Jonathan Smith fired Carrick ahead after just eight minutes, finishing after a neat turn in the penalty area.

Ards needed a strong start to the second half, but they made, from their own point of view, the worst one possible.

Just three minutes after the re-start, Paddy McNally volleyed in a second for Carrick, after the north Down side failed to deal with a corner.

On 54 minutes, Carrick took a vice-like grip on the game when Lee Chapman netted to make it 3-0.

Ards' afternoon just got worse as Rangers netted a fourth, Eamonn Scannell on-hand to score.

Crusaders remain third after hammering Carrick 7-1

Crusaders Gavin Whyte celebrates a hatrick during Saturday's game at Seaview in Belfast. Credit: Pacemaker
  • Crusaders 7-1 Carrick Rangers

There were goals galore as Crusaders sank Carrick Rangers in a Seaview storm.

The Crues scored twice in quick succession, towards the 20 minute mark.

Baxter's side took the lead when Jamie Glackin was left with thesimplest of tap-ins after Paul Heatley's initial shot was parried away.

The Shore Road men then won a penalty - Gavin Whyte stepped up and madeno mistake from 12 yards.

It was all to easy for Crusaders who went 3-0 up when Whyte scored hissecond, hammering low into the corner of the net.

By the half hour mark it was four, Jordan Owens with the easiest of finishes.

Then Whyte capped his 19-minute hat-trick with a thunderous finish from 25 yards out which roared into the net.

Just 20 seconds into the second half, Carrick capitulated again -Glackin scoring again - his second of the match - prodding the ball into the far corner of the net from substitute David Cushley's ball.

Substitute Ryan Nimick got in on the act, adding the seventh goal.

Mark Clarke pulled a consolation back, heading past Brian Jensen from Mark Edgar's cross in the 85th minute.


Cliftonville beat Carrick Rangers 3-0

Cliftonville’s Daniel Hughes celebrates a goal with Stephen Garrett during todays game at Solitude in Belfast. Credit: Pacemaker
  • Cliftonville 3-0 Carrick Rangers

A first-half brace from Joe Gormley steered Cliftonville to a 3-0 victory over Carrick Rangers.

The Reds forward made it ten league goals for the season after two opportunistic strikes downed Rangers.

Daniel Hughes added a late third for Barry Gray's side as they stay fifth in the table.

Gormley puts Reds ahead of Carrick Rangers

Credit: Pacemaker
  • Carrick Rangers 1-2 Cliftonville

Carrick took the lead inside the first few minutes - Eamonn McAllister's corner going straight into the net.

The Reds defenders were left baffled as to how the ball ended up in the net.

Cliftonville came close to levelling on 14 minutes - Rory Donnelly cross-come-shot went over the goalkeeper's head, but rebounded back off the woodwork.

It took into the second half, and an hour played in fact, before Cliftonville levelled - Joe Gormley with his fifth league goal of the season, a cool run complimented by an equally composed finish.

The north Belfast side then went ahead - Gormley again the man on hand - scoring from the penalty spot to make it 2-1.


Swifts aim for Europa League play-off place after win

Dungannon Swifts took a big win over Carrick on Saturday. Credit: Presseye
  • Dungannon Swifts 4 - 0 Carrick Rangers

Dungannon look odds on to secure a Europa League play-off place following an emphatic 4-0 victory over Carrick Rangers at Stangmore Park on Saturday.

Dungannon broke the deadlock with just seven minutes gone when Jarlath O’Rourke’s left wing cross was headed home by their top scorer Andrew Mitchell.

Four minutes later, Dungannon doubled their advantage through Ryan Harpur after his initial effort was saved by Tyler Briers in the Carrick goal.

Harpur got his second and Dungannon’s third in the 25th minute firing home with a close range header.

And, just before half-time, it was 4-0 when Fra Brennan headed home Conor Burke’s corner.

Dungannon need only a point in their final game of the season at home to Portadown to qualify for the season ending European play-offs.

Glens recover to beat Carrick and Swifts beat Mallards

Carrick's Brian Neeson in action against Glentoran. Credit: Presseye

Glentoran came from a goal down to beat Carrick Rangers 2-1 at Taylors Avenue on Tueday.

The result means Carrick will be involved in the relegation/promotion play-off at the end of the season.

Both defences remained on top in the opening 45 minutes with TJ Murray firing the home side ahead just after the restart.

That lead lasted only two minutes as Jonathan Smith blasted home a sweet volley for 1-1.

The winner came from the visitors on 80 minutes with Curtis Allen in prime position to finish off a defence splitting pass from Stephen O'Flynn.

Meanwhile, Andy Mitchell scored twice as Dungannon Swifts secured a 4-1 win at Ballinamallard.

The breakthrough was provided by Ryan Harper on 24 minutes, but United hit back right away through Warner Mullan.

Mitchell grabbed his first on 31 minutes and then gave his side a two-goal cushion before Dougie Wilson headed in at the back post to make it 4-1.

Load more updates