Live updates

Late goals see Cliftonville beat Dungannon 3-0

Cliftonville’s Ross Lavery pictured after scoring his teams first goal during Saturday's game at Solitude in Belfast. Credit: Pacemaker

Cliftonville scored two late goals to come home handsomely against Dungannon Swifts 3-0.

Joe Gormley came close for the Reds, as he picked up the ball on the edge of the box, but he drilled his 13th minute effort just wide.

Ryan Harpur had the best chance for the Swifts in the first 45 minutes, but he hit the ball straight at goalkeeper Brian Neeson when one-on-one.

Gormley thought he'd broken the deadlock early in the second period but the goal was ruled out for offside.

The home side broke through to take the lead, Ross Lavery scoring. The Reds doubled that advantage when Barry Gray's side scored a wonderful curing effort from Jay Donnelly from the edge of the box into the net.

And Cliftonville added another in the 94th minute - Stephen Garrett scoring. Further salt was rubbed into the wound by Heggarty's own goal.


Glentoran into bottom half after goalless draw

Glentoran go close in the final moments during Saturday's game at Stangmore Park. Credit: Pacemaker
  • Dungannon Swifts 0-0 Glentoran

Glentoran dropped into the bottom half after a goalless draw with Dungannon at Stangmore Park.

Chris Hegarty missed a chance for the Swifts in the first half, with Glens striker Curtis Allen denied by the offside flag shortly after the break.

Dungannon remain in eight place.

Ballymena extend unbeaten run with win over Dungannon

  • Ballymena 2-1 Dungannon

Ballymena extended their unbeaten run to six games with victory over Dungannon Swifts.

Ballymena took the lead just before the interval, Johnny McMurray opened the scoring with a header from Tony Kane's free-kick four minutes before the break.

The Braidmen did have good further chances either side of the interval, but did not take them.

David Jeffrey's side were made to pay for that when Dungannon captain Ryan Harpur rose to head home an equaliser at the back post from Cormac Burke's ball.

Ballymena however struck in the dying minutes, Gary Thompson reacting quickest to score beyond the Swifts defence.

Dungannon Swifts beat Warrenpoint Town

  • Warrenpoint Town 1-2 Dungannon Swifts

Dungannon ended a run of three straight league defeats by coming from a goal down to beat Warrenpoint.

The Swifts had trailed following an early goal from Alan Davidson but a 53rd-minute stunner from Ryan Mayse brought the sides level.

The winner came after Paul McElroy's cross led to confusion in the Point defence - Stephen Moan and Conor McMenamin combining to score an own goal and giving Dungannon all three points.


Swifts fight back to beat Ballymena

Dungannon's Paul McElroy celebrates his goal at Stangmore Park. Credit: Pacemaker
  • Dungannon Swifts 2-1 Ballymena United

Dungannon Swifts fought back from behind to take all three points from this clash at Stangmore Park.

Dungannon had a promising opening on 23 minutes - but Jim Ervin's last-ditch attempt denied Ryan Mayse at the near post.

But Ballymena took the lead just before the half-hour mark - Leroy Millar opened the scoring from a free-kick after Fra McCaffrey was fouled.

Chris Hegarty had to head off the line from Willie Faulkner's effort - another big chance for the Sky Blues - but Dungannon's goal escaped.

There was a scare for United later on in the first half, Jim Ervin's ball back, almost leaving his own goalkeeper Connor Brennan flat-footed but United survived.

The first chance of the second half fell again to Millar, but this time he was off-target with his effort at Stuart Addis' goal.

Faulkner came near to netting again, as the Sky Blues made a bright start to the second period.

Dungannon did turn things around though, going 2-1 up.

Mayse with the finish as a ball in from Ally Teggart found the back of the net.

Crues and Dungannon draw at Seaview

Crusaders' Jordan Owens scores a goal during Saturday's game at Seaview in Belfast. Credit: Pacemaker
  • Crusaders 1-1 Dungannon

Crusaders and Dungannon ended all square at Seaview.

It was a quiet affair in the first half, with chances at a premium.

Jordan Owens came close on 35 minutes for the Crues, but blasted wide from close-range.

Just before the interval, there was a dangerous ball in from Glackin which found the head of Owens at back post - but goalkeeper Stuart Addis collected the header comfortably.

In the early stages of the second half, the slumbersome pace to the match continued.

Dungannon did try and test Crues goalkeeper Brian Jensen from distance, but the Danish goalkeeper collected with ease Burke's 30-yard effort.

The Crues did break the deadlock however, Jordan Owens getting the better of Addis finally.

However the frustration continued - Crusaders could only keep the lead for a minute-and-a-half.

Chris Heggarty headed home - his third goal in three games.

The Crues came close again late on - Declan Caddell's great ball finding Jordan Owens, but again Addis denied him with a great save.

Baxter's side continued to press for a winner but it didn't come as Dungannon held out.

Cliftonville beat Dungannon at Solitude

Cliftonville’s Garry Breen scores against Dungannon during Saturday's game at Solitude in Belfast. Credit: Pacemaker
  • Cliftonville 2-1 Dungannon

After a tight first half, Cliftonville broke the deadlock against Dungannon Swifts, Gary Breen heading home the opener at Solitude.

Soon afterwards it was 2-0, Joe Gormley scythed neatly in from the inside and curled a wonderful effort into the top corner of the net.

Dungannon pulled one back late on as Hegarty headed one home, but it finished 2-1 to Cliftonville.

Blues beat Swifts at Stangmore Park

Linfield's Mark Haughey celebrates scoring against Dungannon Swifts during Saturday's Danske Bank Premiership match at Stangmore Park. Credit: Presseye
  • Dungannon Swifts 0-4 Linfield

Linfield took the lead, just past the 20 minute mark, Paul Smyth heading home for the champions from Chris Casement's cross at the back post.

It was two when Niall Quinn thumped one into the top corner from 25 yards.

David Healy's side added a third right on the stroke of half-time, Mark Haughey scoring via a deflection off Seanan Clucas.

Andy Mitchell made it four from the penalty spot for the Blues on 88 minutes.

Load more updates