Live updates

Coleraine draw with Glenavon

Credit: Pacemaker
  • Coleraine 1-1 Glenavon

Coleraine saw another chance to keep the pace in the Irish Premiership title race slip by with a 1-1 draw against Glenavon.

Gareth McConaghie had an inviting chance for the Bannsiders just shy of the half-hour mark.

He met Darren McCauley's corner, but McConaghie headed just wide.

Coleraine were then awarded a penalty on the stroke of half-time. But Johnny Tuffey saved Harkin's effort.

The Lurgan Blues took the lead in the second half, when Andy Hall rose highest at the back-post to plant a header into the net.

Coleraine levelled on the hour however, Eoin Bradley with the free-kick.

Boss Gary Hamilton was then sent to the stands for Glenavon.

Mark Sykes was dismissed for Glenavon as they ended the match with 10-men.

Glenavon beat Linfield at Windsor Park

Glenavon’s Simon Kelly after Saturday's game at Windsor Park in Belfast Credit: Pacemaker

Glenavon came away from Windsor Park with a 3-2 victory over Linfield in a entertaining game.

The Blues took the lead after just two minutes, Kurtis Byrne with an accurate volley into the bottom corner.

But on seven minutes it was 1-1, Simon Kelly heading home past Roy Carroll from a Bobby Burns corner.

That was Kelly's first league goal for Glenavon for over a year.

On 48 minutes there was confusion in David Healy's side's penalty area.

The Blues couldn't avert the danger, and Andy Mitchell forced the ball home to make it 2-1.

The Lurgan Blues netted a late third when Marc Griffin scored, profiting from great work on the flank from Murray.

Andy Waterworth pulled back a consolation for the Blues.


Ballymena beat Glenavon at Showgrounds

Ballymena's Kevin Braniff celebration during Saturday's game at Ballymena Showgrounds. Credit: Pacemaker
  • Ballymena United 3-1 Glenavon

Ballymena's late show proved to be the difference at the Showgrounds as they beat Glenavon 3-1.

Sammy Clingan had given the Lurgan Blues the lead from the penalty spot before Kevin Braniff's smart equaliser for David Jeffrey's side in a pulsating first half.

But late goals from Cathair Friel and Kyle Owens gave Ballymena their first win over Glenavon in four years.

The result moves the Sky Blues back into the top six.

Comfortable victory for Glenavon over Ballinamallard

Glenavon’s James Singleton nets Glenavon's second goal at the start of the second half during Saturday's game at Ferney Park Credit: Pacemaker
  • Ballinamallard 0-3 Glenavon

Glenavon produced a strong performance to claim a comfortable victory at Ballinamallard.

Glenavon took the lead in the closing stages of the first half, when Bobby Burns supplied a lovely ball around the corner into Josh Daniels. He took on and beat his man, getting to the line.

His pull back is slotted home at close range by Mark Sykes.

The Lurgan Blues picked up the baton again in the second half, James Singleton doubling the lead.

Bobby Burns' corner wasn't cleared by the Mallards defence, and Singleton close-range effort cannoned in off the woodwork.

Daniels then put an inviting chance wide with his head after being picked out by a ball from Burns.

With time running out, Glenavon wrapped up the points when substitute Marc Griffin added a late third.


Glenavon third after beating Ards

Glenavon's Mark Sykes scores his second goal at Mourneview Park, Lurgan. Credit: Pacemaker
  • Glenavon 3-0 Ards

Ards fell behind in the first quarter-of-an-hour - Mark Sykes with a neat finish, which he slid beyond the grasp of Ards goalkeeper Aaron Hogg.

It was Sykes' first goal for the Lurgan Blues since scoring against Ballinamallard in February.

Things got worse for the north Down men - and this time it was self-inflicted as Glenavon went 2-0 up before the break - courtesy of a Johny Taylor own-goal.

It was the worst possible start to the second half for Ards, Sykes running through the home defence with ease, and slotting his second of the match home to put Glenavon 3-0 up.

Glenavon came close to a fourth goal late on - Sammy Clingan's free-kick in but Foley headed wide.

The result takes Glenavon up to third.

Load more updates