Live updates

Glentoran seal victory over Portadown

Glentoran strolled to a win over the Ports. Credit: Presseye
  • Glentoran 3 - 0 Portadown

Glentoran sealed a relatively easy victory over relegated Portadown with goals from Curtis Allen and Eric Foley.

Allen gave Glentoran the lead with 25 minutes gone, when Salou Jallow beat his man down the left before setting up Allen to fire into the bottom corner.

Just before half-time the Glens doubled their lead through Eric Foley when his free kick evaded the attention of everyone in the box to land in the top corner.

The Glens had a three-goal lead 15 minutes into the second half when Curtis Allen scored his second of the game following good work from Conal Delaney.

The result leaves the Glens ninth in the table ahead of next week’s encounter against Ards.

Portadown finish the season away to Dungannon Swifts.


Portadown relegated after defeat by Ards

Portadown's relegation was confirmed following their defeat by Ards. Credit: Pacemaker
  • Ards 3 - 2 Portadown

Portadown will be playing Championship football next season after they were relegated following a 3-2 defeat by Ards at the Bangor Fuels Arena.

Ards took the lead with just two minutes played, thanks to a superb strike by David McAllister - his left foot shot giving keeper Chris McGaughey no chance.

The Ports hit back just before the break to level matters with Garry Breen heading in from a corner.

Matthew Shevlin restored the lead for Ards with another well taken effort and, when Guillaume Keke made it 3-1, the writing was on the wall for the Mid Ulster side.

There was a glimmer of hope for the visitors when Ards conceded a penalty and had Stuart McMullan sent off.

Callum Ferris scored from the spot kick and, as the pressure continued on the Ards goal, Matthew Hazley saw his effort cleared off the line.

Near the end, Portadown were also reduced to 10 men with Sean Mackle seeing red.

There was no further scoring and, at the final whistle, relegation was confirmed for the Ports.

Ten man Portadown beat Larne

Portadown's Stephen Hughes celebrates his goal during Saturday's game at Inver Park, Larne. Credit: Pacemaker

Portadown survived a nervous finish to beat Larne 2-1 at Inver Park.

The Ports were reduced to ten men in the second half when Stephen Hughes was sent off after picking up a second yellow.

New signing Adam Foley had given the Ports the lead before Stephen Hughes doubled the advantage on 42 minutes.

There was still time left in the first half for Larne to claw their way back into the game when James McCabe reduced the deficit.

However, Larne could not find another way through and the visitors secured their place in the next round.

Tobermore United came away from Annagh United with a 2-0 win.

Stephen Lamont gave the visitors the lead at the break and their place in the sixth round was secured on the hour mark by Ryan Winton.

Institute came out on top after a six goal thriller at Ballyclare Comrades - edging home 4-2.

The visitors raced into a two goal lead with goals from Michael McCrudden and Stephen Curry, but it was all square again at 2-2 with Sammy McIlveen and Corey McMullan on target.

Curry fired Institute ahead again while McCrudden also bagged a brace to make the final score 4-2.


Glentoran romp to easy win at Ports

Glentoran celebrate their win over Portadown. Credit: Presseye

Glentoran piled on the misery for bottom of the table Portadown as they eased to a 5-0 win at Shamrock Park.

In the end, the home side were no match for the visitors who eased their way to the three points.

Curtis Allen started the rout by drilling in the first on 21 minutes after good work by Chris Lavery.

Nacho Novo missed a decent chance, but made amends by making it 2-0 on 31 minutes.

Allen grabbed his ninth goal of the season making it 3-0, with further goals from Chris Lavery and Jonny Smith completing a good night for the Glens.

Meanwhile, there were ties in the remaining two fixtures on Tuesday.

A late goal by Ballinamallard United saw them earn a point in a 2-2 draw with Dungannon Swifts at Stangmore Park.

Jamie Glackin headed the Swifts into the lead on two minutes and it remained that way until the break.

Ballinamallard goalkeeper Cameron Crawford saved an Andrew Mitchell penalty on 49 minutes.

Adam Lecky made it 1-1 not long after when he made no mistake from the spot at the other end.

With five minutes to go, the Swifts appeared to be on their way to victory after Douglas Wilson made it 2-1 - but there was still time for Niall Owens to rescue a stoppage time point for the visitors.

And over at Solitude, there were no goals as Cliftonville failed to find a way past a hard working Carrick Rangers side.

With the game ending in stalemate, it will be a result that will please Carrick more than the Reds as the point sees Rangers now 11 points ahead of bottom side Portadown.

McCaffrey scores twice as Ballymena beat Portadown

Ballymena's Francis McCaffrey celebrates his goal during Saturday's game at Ballymena Showgrounds. Credit: Pacemaker
  • Ballymena United 2-0 Portadown

Fra McCaffrey netted his first goals of the season as Ballymena United earned a 2-0 win over bottom side Portadown on Saturday.

The midfielder pounced to rifle home the opener in the 63rd minute after the Ports defence had failed to clear a Ton Kane cross into the danger area.

McCaffrey was back on the scoresheet just four minutes later with a stylish first-time finish to the top corner after being played through by William Faulkner.

Ballymena United move above Coleraine and into fourth place as a result of the win, while Portadown remain rooted to the bottom of the table on -1 points.

Crues beat Portadown to stay four clear

Crusaders' Gavin Whyte celebrates after he scored from the spot. Credit: Presseye
  • Portadown 0-1 Crusaders

Irish Premiership leaders Crusaders maintained their four point lead at the top of the table after a 1-0 win over bottom side Portadown at Shamrock Park on Saturday.

Stephen Baxter’s side controlled proceedings but were unable to break down the hosts in the first half, with Paul Heatley squandering the best of the chances towards the end of the half.

The critical moment came in the 65th minute when Ken Oman felled Jordan Owens inside the area.

Gavin Whyte stepped up to convert from 12-yards, with the Crues holding out for a deserved result.

Load more updates