A total of 179 British soldiers were killed during the conflict in Iraq.
14 of them were Welsh.
Here we remember their stories.
- Lance Bombardier Llywelyn Evans, aged 24, died March 2003
Mr Evans, from Llandudno, died when a US Sea Knight helicopter crashed south of the Kuwait border.
- Flight Lieutenant David Williams, aged 37, died March 2003
Mr Williams was from Crickhowell. He died when a Tornado was hit by a US Patriot missile near the Kuwait border.
- Lance Corporal Thomas Richard Keys, aged 20, died June 2003
Mr Keys, from Llanuwchllyn near Bala, was one of six Royal Military Policemen killed by an Iraqi mob at a police station at Al Majar Al Kabir.
- Corporal Dewi Prichard, aged 35, died August 2003
Mr Prichard, from Bridgend was a Territorial Army soldier serving with 116 Provost Company. He was killed in an ambush on a military vehicle by gunmen in Basra.
- Private Ryan Thomas, aged 18, died November 2003
Mr Thomas from Resolven near Neath was serving with 1st Battalion, Royal Regiment of Wales. He died in a road traffic accident in Basra.
- Major James Stenner, aged 30, died January 2004
Mr Stenner from Monmouthshire served with the Welsh Guards. He died in a road traffic accident in Basra.
- Lance Corporal Paul Thomas, aged 29, died August 2004
Mr Thomas served with the Light Infantry and was from Welshpool. He was killed in an exchange of fire with insurgents in Basra.
- Fusilier Stephen Jones, aged 22, died September 2004
Mr Jones, from Denbigh, served with the Royal Welch Fusiliers. He died in a road traffic accident near Al Amarah. He had been married for just a month, before leaving for Iraq.
- Flight Sergeant Mark Gibson, aged 34, died January 2005
Mr Gibson grew up in Cardiff and Pembrokeshire. He died with nine other personnel when an RAF Hercules crashed 30km North-West of Baghdad.
- Colour Sergeant Mark Powell, aged 37, died April 2007
Mr Powell, from Porthcawl, was one of two British servicemen killed when the helicopters they were travelling in collided in mid-air in Iraq.
- Corporal Paul Joszko, aged 27, died June 2007
Mr Joszko was from Abercynon in the South Wales Valleys. He was serving with the 2nd Battalion the Royal Welsh (The Royal Regiment of Wales), when he was killed in Basra.
- SAC Peter McFerran, aged 24, died July 2007
Mr McFerran, from Connah's Quay in Flintshire was a machine gun operator in 1 Squadran RAF Regiment. He was killed in a rocket attack on a base in Basra.
- Lance Corporal Ryan Francis, aged 23, died July 2007
Mr Francis, from Llanelli, served in the 2nd Battalion The Royal Welsh. He died when his vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb in Basra.
- Private Craig Barber, aged 20, died August 2007
Mr Barber died when his Warrior armed vehicle was attacked. He was a member of the 2nd Battalion the Royal Welsh.