Ex-police officer who raped two women jailed for 18 years

Jeffrey Davies has been jailed for 18 years for raping two women. Credit: Wales News Service

A former police officer has been jailed for 18 years at Cardiff Crown Court today after after he was found guilty of raping two women.

Jeffrey Davies, 45, from Aberdare, committed the rapes while working as a family liaison officer in 2002 and 2003.

Both offences were committed while he was a serving officer in the Rhondda.

Davies had already been jailed for three years in 2013 for attacks on two women.

Davies' two rape victims came forward after seeing news reports of his previous convictions on the two other women.

His latest trial heard how he raped one victim after her two sons were arrested - and another woman when he went to smoke cannabis with her brother.

Judge Jonathan Furness QC said Davies had "not shown a shred of remorse". Credit: South Wales Police
Jeffrey Davies was convicted in 2013 of two other sexual assaults. Credit: Athena Picture Agency

Davies, a former detective with South Wales Police, first targeted a woman in an abusive relationship with her partner.

Davies was involved in the arrest of her two teenage sons in November 2002, and met the mother when she came to collect them.

She thought he would drive her to Ton Pentre police station in Rhondda, South Wales, but he instead began driving up the nearby Bwlch Mountain.

The court heard he then put his hand up her skirt and laughed when she told him to stop.

The "frightened" woman was then taken out of the car and forced over its bonnet and Davies began raping her, as she pleaded: "No, please. Why are you doing this?"

Davies told her: "It will make you feel better."

The court heard the second woman was involved in a short-lived relationship with Davies.

But months after it ended Davies called at the woman's house while drunk to smoke cannabis with her brother.

She allowed the police officer to spend the night on her sofa.

But the court heard he entered her bedroom after she undressed and raped her after she gave up trying to wriggle free from his grasp.

Davies had denied all the charges in the two trials.

He was was dismissed from South Wales Police in 2013.

The court heard Davies' wife Rebecca was standing by him telling the court.

In handing Davies a lengthy prison term, Judge Jonathan Furness QC said the defendant had "not shown a shred of remorse".