An investigation has been launched after a fire damaged a Deeside hotel.
The fire destroyed the first floor and roof of the Gateway to Wales Hotel in Flintshire.
Emergency services received a call at 4:27am this morning to reports of a fire. When crews arrived, the roof was alight.
North Wales Fire and Rescue Service says all of the residents and staff at the hotel were evacuated to a safe area whilst firefighters tackle the blaze.
We have been damping down and making what is left of building safe before starting joint fire investigation with NW Police so staff will still be on the scene for some time.
In a statement, the hotel said it is currently closed and "bookings have been suspended until further notice."
Unfortunately, due to a fire on site, Gateway to Wales Hotel & Leisure Club is currently closed, and bookings have been suspended until further notice.