1. ITV Report

Welsh rugby fans took 45 stranded Scots to the Six Nations opener

Scottish rugby fans had to hitch-hick to get to the Six Nations game.

Around 45 kilted Scots were stuck by the side of the motorway on their way to the Six Nations opener after a tyre burst on their coach.

After an hour of waiting, members of a Scottish rugby club started hitch-hiking on the side of the M4.

Luckily for the Linlithgow RFC players, Welsh rugby fans stopped to take them to the Wales v Scotland match.

Some drivers took several loads of the men into Cardiff city centre.

Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.

Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.

I think desperation began to kick in and one or two began thumbing for lifts. Others started putting it out on Facebook that we were stranded, a kind of call for help.

It must have been quite a sight, 45 burly Scotsmen in their kilts! But a car stopped for the first few and so the others thought they would give it a go, too.

Then more and more cars just stopped. Some passing motorists even came off, went back to junction 35, and came back down to pick us up.

Others dropped some off as close to the Principality Stadium as possible, then came back out to pick up more of us.

Let's just say a few were crammed into the cars, but every single one of us got to the game. In fact, it ended up being the earliest I have been inside the ground for a Wales v Scotland match!

The message we want to send out is a massive thank you to everyone who stopped to help us out. Their kindness is truly appreciated by each and every one of us.

– Matt Dixon, club coach
Linlithgow RFC on their way to the game.

Faaiza Bashir, 32, says she picked up four of the men on her journey from Bridgend to Cardiff.

Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.

Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.

I saw a coach with hordes of kilted men on the hard shoulder. I don't know anything about rugby but had heard there was a game and knew they must have been worried about missing it.

I pulled up and four men jogged to catch me up.

I wasn't worried for myself - most humans are decent people and these looked clearly stranded.

I wasn't in a rush but knew Cardiff centre would be rammed so dropped them to Heath High Level station and explained it was only 10 minutes away. I told them I would wait for them in case there was a problem with the trains. Luckily they got on straight away.

I watched the match out of camaraderie and felt sorry that they had come such a way for such a poor result for the Scots.

– Faaiza Bashir
The Scots receiving lifts to the Principality Stadium.

Linlithgow RFC say they have been making the 800-mile round trip to Wales for the past 42 years.

Sadly for the team, this time Wales thrashed Scotland with a 34-7 win.

Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.