A tree canopy covering at least 20% of Welsh towns and cities is part of an urban renewal plan launched by the Welsh Conservatives.
Under their proposals, Wales would become "the most tree friendly country in the world", with a charter to protect the oldest trees.
The party claims that an emphasis on “liveability” will deliver “healthier, happier” cities and contrasts its proposals with what it says is a lack of an overarching strategy from the Welsh Government level.
The proposals include:
- Making Cardiff the UK’s first Carbon Neutral City
- A pilot single-use plastics ban in Wales
- All large commercial developments to have at least 50% green roofing
- Eco Quarters of homes with shared gardens on brownfield sites
- Clean air zones in Newport, Swansea, Cardiff and Wrexham
- Pedestrianising more of Wales’ busiest streets