Plaid Cymru's new leader, Adam Price, has found jobs for all his AMs in his team of spokespersons who'll shadow Welsh Government ministers. Rhun ap Iorwerth, who came second in the leadership election, is handed Mr Price's former role, with the double responsibility of shadowing the cabinet secretaries for both finance and economy
Former leader Leanne Wood, who was also defeated, gets what looks like a role designed to fit her strengths and interests. She'll speak on housing and social justice. Helen Mary Jones, who recently replaced Simon Thomas as the party's Mid & West Wales AM gets Health and Social Services.
The full team is as follows:
- Adam Price AM: Leader
- Rhun ap Iorwerth AM: Economy and Finance
- Leanne Wood AM: Housing and Social Justice
- Sian Gwenllian AM: Education and the Welsh Language
- Llyr Gruffydd AM: Environment and Rural Affairs
- Helen Mary Jones AM: Health and Social Services
- Steffan Lewis AM: External Affairs (Brexit Spokesperson)
- Bethan Sayed AM: Post-16 Education, Skills and Innovation
- Dr Dai Lloyd AM: Local Government, Care and Public Services
Three other AMs from the Plaid Cymru group elected in 2016 weren't available. Elin Jones is the Assembly's Presiding Officer, Dafydd Elis Thomas has left the party and is now a government minister, while Neil McEvoy is currently suspended from membership of Plaid Cymru.