More than 200,000 people have singed a petition to ban the sale of fireworks to the public following concerns over the dangers involved.
Four-year-old Rosie May was hospitalised last year after a firework hit her in the neck at a friend's display in their garden.
Her mother has joined calls to ban the sale of fireworks to prevent injuries.
There have also been growing calls for graphic images on firework packages because of the number of people ending up with injuries in A&E 'doubling'.
Despite awareness campaigns and repeated safety warnings issued each year, a significant number of life-altering injuries occur across the UK every winter, particularly among those who are not attending organised events.
Research carried out by YouGov found that 68% of UK parents would support the introduction of graphic warnings on firework packaging.