There are four flood warnings and 11 flood alerts in force, mostly for West Wales, ahead of forecast heavy rain and strong winds.
The Met Office has a amber 'be prepared' warning with up to 50mm of rain expected with winds of up to 60mph along the coast of West and South Wales.
It says this is what can we expect:
- A few homes and businesses flooded
- Spray and flooding on roads will make journey times longer
- Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport expected
- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges
- Some short term loss of power and other services
- Coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities affected by spray and/or large waves
Milford Haven, Fishguard and Solva all experienced floods overnight and Pembrokeshire County Council have warned property owners in Haverfordwest town centre to prepare for more.
Six cottages near the Havenshead retail park in Milford Haven have been evacuated due to flooding, as well as four houses at Lower Priory. The retail park has been closed and other businesses nearby have been warned of further flooding.
A McDonald's in the village of Merlin's Bridge near Haverfordwest was flooded overnight. The drive-thru area resembled a lake, with water rising up to the entrances of the restaurant.
Dyfed-Powys Police said emergency services are dealing with flooding in Milford Haven and urged members of the public to avoid the Lower Priory area.
Natural Resources Wales also issued flood warnings across south and west Wales. They warned of further localised flooding and disruption to travel as heavy rain continues.
Flooding has disrupted travel with Transport for Wales services suspended between Haverfordwest and Milford Haven due to flooding.
The A40 is closed both ways due to flooding from A487 (Rafael Roundabout, Fishguard) to A4219 (Scleddau).
A number of other routes are also closed or affected.
- There is a lane closed on the A40 Arnold's Hill Westbound from Slebech to the A4076 (Scotchwell Roundabout, Haverfordwest)
- Crowhill Road is closed from Camrose to Haverfordwest
- Cromwell Road in Lower Priory is closed at Thornton Road
- A487 through Newgale (Pembrokeshire)