The RSPCA has issued a warning after five cats died from possible antifreeze poisoning in Pembrokeshire.
The animal charity are appealing for information following the incidents in the Lampeter Velfrey area, near Whitland. Three of the cats were owned by local resident Michelle Davies.
Ms Davies said "It is absolutely awful. We saw all of the cats display similar symptoms - becoming very lethargic and unwell so quickly. It was horrible to see - and vets were absolutely sure the cause was antifreeze poisoning."
Two feral cats in the area displayed similar symptoms. The RSPCA say it is unclear if the incidents were deliberate, or an accident but that it is a "major cause for concern".
We're urging cat owners in the local community to be vigilant and know the signs of a suspected poisoning. Vomiting, a depressed or sleepy demeanour, appearing drunk or uncoordinated, seizures, and breathing difficulties could all be symptoms of a cat being poisoned. Anyone fearing their cat may have been poisoned should try and remain calm, move the moggy away from the source and contact a vet immediately. Potentially hazardous substances - like antifreeze - should also be used and stored responsibly, and safely away from any curious felines.
Anybody with any information is encouraged to call the RSPCA emergency line on 0300 1234 999.