A father who became paralysed after contracting a rare illness from food poisoning has issued a warning to others about food safety.
Dai Braham, 40, was left paralysed from the nose down after becoming unwell while watching his six-year-old son play rugby in April.
Within a matter of days, he was in an induced coma.
It was only later that medical staff discovered the fitness fanatic from Bridgend had been suffering from food poisoning campylobacter - which led to the rare autoimmune disorder Guillian-Barré Syndrome.
At his worst point, found himself unable to breathe without a ventilator and without a voice.
"It's the scariest thing in the world. You are basically locked in your own body", Dai said.
Dai said people should check their food is cooked correctly before eating it.
"Make sure it's currently cooked. Definitely make sure it's currently cooked... I don't know whether it was my cooking or whether it was something I'd eaten out, but definitely, it wasn't cooked correct."
Dai has spent the last eight months in hospital and has only recently learned to walk again.
- What is Guillain-Barré syndrome?
It is thought to be caused by a problem with the immune system, and can be triggered by infections including food poisoning and the flu as well as by vaccinations, surgery or injury.
Symptoms of the condition include numbness, pins and needles, muscle weakness, and problems with balance and co-ordination.
Often it will start in your feet and hands before spreading across the body.
In some cases it can lead to paralysis.
Guillan-Barré syndrome can affect people of all ages but your chances of getting it increase as you get older.
Most people will make a full recovery, but it can take months or even years.
In 2016 nine-time Guinness World Record holder Rory Coleman spoke out after being stuck down by the rare illness.
Meanwhile little Felicity Watkins was only three years old when she was left unable to breathe independently or even smile.