A yellow 'be aware' weather warning for thunderstorms has been issued for some northern parts of Wales for tonight.
The Met Office says that the thunderstorms are to continue up until 9pm tonight.
They say there could be damage to buildings and structures from lightning strikes.
Short term loss of power is likely, with possible delays to travel services and longer journey times for cars and buses due to wet weather and flooding.
Helpful tips in a thunderstorm:
- Try not to use the phone - telephone lines conduct electricity
- Metal pipes can conduct electricity- avoid using taps and sinks.
- If you are outside avoid water sources and find an open place that's a safe distance from trees or poles.
- Avoid outdoor activities such as golf, or any water-based activities.
- Be aware of metal objects that can conduct lightning, like golf clubs or buggies, fishing rods, umbrellas, bikes, wheelchairs, wire fencing or rails.
- If your in an exposed location it may be advisable to squat close to the ground, with hands on knees and head low.
- Avoid touching to much ground, do not lie down.
- If you feel your hair stand on end, drop to the above position immediately.